Senior Superintendent - Specialty Contracts
THIS POSITION REQUIRES YOU LIVE WITHIN A 50 MILE RADIUS FROM FREDERICK, MD (No relocation assistance available).
This position also requires the candidate to work a flexible schedule as most of the work is in the evening or overnight and some weekends.
- Assist project manager with developing and implementing project procedures, schedules, and standards.
- Review the work for conformance with the specifications, acceptable levels of quality, safety, and schedule.
- Determine method of construction, material requirements and equipment.
- Determine the staff needed to maintain the schedule and properly supervise the work.
- Coordinate, plan, and supervise work force and subcontractors; recruits and trains field team members.
- Supervise all phases of the work performed by the Company and its subcontractors.
- Develop/foster relationships with the Architect, Owner, Local Authorities, Building Inspectors, and Subcontractor Representatives.
- Inform the Project Manager of all Owner or Architect requested changes or other conditions which will impact cost or schedule.
- Review and approve all subcontractor, supplier, and miscellaneous material invoices; verify correct subcontract amounts and previous paid, along with quantities, unit price, and extensions.
- Establish and maintain up-to-date files and shop drawings for the field office.
- Notify the Project Manager in a timely fashion with regard to any and all significant problem areas on the project.
- Meet with each subcontractor prior to starting work to review scope and schedule.
- Maintain a clean, orderly site which will be conductive to a safe and productive job.
- Prepare punch lists prior to the Architect’s walk through; verify that all punch list items and remedial work are expeditiously performed on completion of the project.
- Review all work for compliance with the appropriate safety requirements; ensure compliance with all federal, state, city and county entities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experienced in fast-track ground-up buildings of 5,000 sq. ft. and under.
- Knowledge of all aspects of construction, cost, control, schedules, and safety required
- Communication and organization skills
- Detail orientated
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Proficient with reading blueprints
- Proficient knowledge of applicable building codes, zoning ordinances, OSHA/MOSH requirements and other legal requirements
- Interpersonal skills.
Education and Experience
- Four year degree in construction discipline OR equivalent combination of technical training and education
- OSHA training
- CPR and Standard First Aid training/certification
- Green card for SCE preferred
- Five to eight years of commercial construction experience required
- 3-5 years of supervision skills required